Please enquire about your project needs.
Ten years of experience in the fields of communication and copywriting delivering concise and consistent information for a variety of purposes and audiences. Creative and passionate tempered with logical and problem-solving skills. Motivated to deliver clear and compelling content that incites action and provides instruction in ever-changing environments.
DIGITAL MEDIA COPYWRITER
March 2015 to October 2015
- Research, interview and prepare topics for Comcast Wholesale’s lead gen blog (Comcast Wholesale, Comcast AdDelivery and WestWorks Studios)
- Integrate branding messaging, positioning and market-related keywords into all written material (blogs, web pages, customer/opportunity emails, white papers and case studies/client success stories).
- Collaborate with internal key players and customers to generate case studies and customer success stories related to Comcast Wholesale’s various products and target markets.
Nov. 2014 to March 2015
- Research topics and create topical articles for the knowledge base using available resource material.
- Interview SMEs to ensure accuracy and to gather any missing information.
- Responsible for starting new article topics and managing SME engagement to maintain progress on all topics.
September 2014 – October 2014
- Worked with Aquent’s client, CSU-Global Campus, to expand and refine the Enrollment Division’s Enrollment Counselor Training Manual.
- Collaborate with Enrollment Department Managers, trainers and Executives to capture the complete picture of the training process for new hire on-boarding and for future documentation purposes.
- Develop comprehensive workflows covering Salesforce, CampusVue, degree programs and additional HR-related and campus-specific topics and procedures.
CONTENT EDITOR/KNOWLEDGE MANAGER
Bellco Credit Union
Mar. 2013 – April 2014
- Collaborate with project managers that own knowledge base items to ensure content accuracy, implement working timelines and processes and procedures for document review and updates.
- Refresh existing internal standard operating procedures to serve both visual and verbal learners effectively, ensure grammatical and logistical accuracy and to establish a consistent style across all departments.
- Responsible for the content generation, due diligence and creation of articles for a quarterly print newsletter distributed to over 200,000 members.
- In conjunction with the digital marketing manager, implement SEO data results into customer-facing web content.
Douglas County Libraries
Apr. 2012 – Mar. 2013
- Created content to promote District initiatives, programs, events and partnerships via social media, e-mail and website channels.
- Coordinated with designers to provide content for online advertising and social media campaigns that mirrored the District’s overall marketing initiatives.
- Managed eCommunications and mass e-mail tool with a database of 75,000 contacts; create sustained e-blasts to constituents as well as audience-driven or content-driven campaigns. Increased e-mail engagement by 20%.
- Worked with the web team to enhance user experience and to create exposure for author events, library programs and to the collection.
- Edited, compiled and produced a monthly executive communiqué that was distributed to all district staff.
COMMUNICATIONS & GRAPHICS SPECIALIST
The Wildlife Experience
Aug. 2008 – Apr. 2012
- Performed quality control on the museum’s website, creating copy and visuals that appealed to a wide audience.
- Implemented strategic traffic control efforts to the site’s revenue generating, donation and membership sections.
- Wrote and edited marketing, advertising, development campaigns and exhibit materials.
- Managed a design workload of hundreds of projects. Coordinated with clients, freelancers, printers and fabricators to provide quality products and timely delivery of exhibit, print, advertising and web materials.
- Developed communications and graphics standards during the museum’s major re-branding effort. Integrated the brand into all copy and visuals, including the website, TV, print and radio ads, newsletters, brochures and collateral.
The Wildlife Experience
Aug. 2003 – Aug. 2008
- Created communications pieces pertaining to museum events and exhibits, generated content for the website and facilitated public relations campaigns and media relations.